Software Engineer in Test III
Farmington Hills, MI *hybrid
About Software Engineer in Test III
• Review internal processes, procedures, methodologies, standards and work with IT management to ensure processes are repeatable and efficient
• Willingness and aptitude for working with various new infrastructure technologies as needs arise.
• Review existing company technical documentation to ensure consistent professional results that can be utilized by other team members. Document application behaviors, results and issues where lacking.
• Determine how to best test for new product and system features (manual and automated), as well as automation for regression tests. This includes UI testing and API testing
• Design, implement and execute test plans and test cases in accordance with best practices and techniques and prepare test results for various test methods including black box, white box, stress/load, data integrity, security and automation
• Track testing status and results and provide data reporting on defect/bugs, automation efficiencies and other significant indicators
• Collaborate with the team to translate business requirements and functional specifications into test plans, test scripts and drive for high quality software practices
• Collaborate across teams and departments to lead other QA in best practices for automation throughout our software development lifecycle that improves overall software reliability while minimizing overhead on development efforts
• Create tools that improve efficiency of QA processes
• Mentor less experienced QA team members
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 7 years working in Quality Assurance and Software Development with experience in manual testing as well as automated testing of web applications and web services.
• Experience reading and comprehending .NET, JAVA, or other transferrable object oriented languages
• Experience reading and writing SQL queries
• SoapUI to test back-end distributed applications, experience strongly preferred
• Experience in test plan and test case creation preferred
• Experience in software development lifecycle including defect resolution process strongly preferred
• Testing software technologies and standards such as SOAP and REST based web services, experience required
• Experience with Selenium WebDriver using JAVA to test front-end web based applications strongly preferred
• Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases
• Candidates must have proven analytical ability and strong communication skills
• Ability to write code for automated web testing tools, services and frameworks
• Strong testing skills, proven by a track record of success
• Ability to understand technical specifications
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug technical processes
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Experience utilizing load testing tools such as jmeter, Taurus, etc
• Experience executing and evaluating load test results
• Experience working as part of an agile development team
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION BELOW
Our Hiring Process:
- Apply online – just fill out our online form and submit your resume!
- Pre-employment testing – A recruiter from our parent company, Reynolds & Reynolds, will reach out to you with instructions to complete a personality and aptitude assessment. These tests can be completed online in the comfort of your own home.
- Recruiter Phone Screen – A recruiter from Reynolds & Reynolds will conduct a phone screen to ask more in-dept questions about your skills and experience, ensuring we find the perfect match for you.
- Interview – Once you have been matched to the perfect role, you will be contacted by the Open Dealer Exchange team to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. This is your chance to have all of your questions answered!
- Offer & Background Check!