Director of Application Development
Farmington Hills, MI *hybrid
About Director of Application Development
• Develop, test, and implement custom software applications to improve ODE’s operational efficiency and effectiveness in-line with corporate strategy.
• Work closely with Application Architects to design the company’s application platform. This includes a focus on application interfaces, high-end user experiences, secure application development, and scalable database designs.
• Work with internal business teams to evaluate complex product requirements, service levels, business processes and other contractual/regulatory obligations.
• Breakdown complex requirements into independent architectural components and collaborate with technology leaders through the full software development lifecycle.
• Continuously improve the reliability and scalability of existing software applications and data integrations.
• Troubleshoot and solve software and data integration issues, remediating the problem, identifying root-cause, and providing system improvement recommendations.
• Foster a collaborative culture that facilitates the achievement of business plan objectives by working closely with other associates and members of management.
Required Skills & Experience
• 8+ years of experience within Software Development.
• Strong communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals.
• Results-oriented manager who can build and lead a business-focused, time-sensitive, innovative and cost-effective technology organization.
• Demonstrates high degree of personal accountability and sets high standards.
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage several concurrent projects and initiatives.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering preferred.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION BELOW
Our Hiring Process:
- Apply online – just fill out our online form and submit your resume!
- Pre-employment testing – A recruiter from our parent company, Reynolds & Reynolds, will reach out to you with instructions to complete a personality and aptitude assessment. These tests can be completed online in the comfort of your own home.
- Recruiter Phone Screen – A recruiter from Reynolds & Reynolds will conduct a phone screen to ask more in-dept questions about your skills and experience, ensuring we find the perfect match for you.
- Interview – Once you have been matched to the perfect role, you will be contacted by the Open Dealer Exchange team to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. This is your chance to have all of your questions answered!
- Offer & Background Check!